The "Expo" is Dying pt: II

Forum rules
Custom Pole Makers - Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom rod buildin'. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board. For more information, contact the board admin.

Rules - Rod buildin' is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.
Bill Colby

The "Expo" is Dying pt: II

Postby Bill Colby » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:22 pm

After that last post - Kirkman came back and posted an "updated" list after a month had passed. Let's take a closer look at that list shall we?

Only three new "booths" were added - but it appears he just copied already existing booths and made new "names" for them.

AT Hook Up - Literally just american tackle

Get Outdoors - Is this a typo? If it's a fishing rod company there is no presence on the internet

Liberty American Made Rod Blanks - Get Bit Outdoors

This shows

DESPERATION

on Kirkman's part. Who is he scared of? Should he be scared?

You decide.

RodGuild

Re: The "Expo" is Dying pt: II

Postby RodGuild » Wed Jan 11, 2017 4:57 pm

It they have separate booth space for those which it looks like they do then he can count them or maybe those companies insist on it. Carolina Cast Pro is on there to now but I think that is the Farmer rod and blank dude. Also Century Rods which I think is the Hattreras Jack/Century dude. kirkman will sell out again, to bad. And remember if you are a Guild member you will stopped at the door and turned AWAY! Get Outdoors has been there before but must not have made much impression because I can remember their name but not their product.

Expo is not dying at all and I will agree to face the facts. They will have a big turn out and lots of companies like always. What I do not like is that we, the Guild, are only helping kirkman keep this thing going. We went really downhill when we turned the organization into a Facebook club. So now you have all these people with no reason to join the Guild. They just go to our Facebook page and ask questions and get answers for free. Why join the Guild organization? There is no longer any incentive to join. And until we get enough members to help fund another large event like we used to have up until 2007, kirkman will continue to rule the roost with his show. Notice that he is not doing anything for free and it is not hurting him. Why should our organization give away our knowledge and help for free? What is it getting us but a bunch of deadbeats who will never contribute anything to our mission.

Average Joe

Postby Average Joe » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:42 pm

Get Outdoors has been there before. Just like all the others you claim are fake companies. Don't you think people that go every year would know if they were fake? Or complain if they got there and those companies were not there?

So now they have sold over sixty booths and the show is still a few weeks out. How about telling me what is the second largest rod building show in the world and how many exhibitors they have and how many booths they have sold. How many -- three vendors maybe? Five booths sold? What facility do they use? A tent? A school cafeteria? That's real class. And who cares if the Guild boycotts. How many people is that, fifteen?

Yeah...... the Expo is really dying. I bet of a lot of other shows wish they were dying like the Expo is.....

You should go to the Expo and learn about it as you don't seem to know what your talking about. Trust me, tons of rod builders will be there just like they are every year because your club can't do anything even close to par with this and then you can pout and claim that its dying again next year.

RodGuild

Postby RodGuild » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:45 pm

Being the biggest does not make it the best. BTW, your wife's pussy stinks. Ask me how I know.

dilweg

Postby dilweg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:23 am

Nobody that goes to the Expo believes that it is dying. But to avoid an argument, okay you guys seem to be trying to get people not to attend the Expo. So give us an alternative. Please name another rod building show or event anywhere on the planet that is even 1/4 as large as this supposed "dying" Expo? A google search did not turn up any other rod building event even 10 percent as large as the Expo so I will anxiously await your response. You must know something that the rest of us do not. Please tell us where this great alternative rod building show is and why it is being kept a secret.

RodGuild

Postby RodGuild » Thu Jan 12, 2017 4:00 am

Hey dilweg, so how did the morals charge end up? Those "crimes against nature" charges are tough to beat. Was your wife okay with it? Oh yeah, bite me, bitch. But I do support your right wear women's clothes. Fight the power, bitch.

dilweg

Postby dilweg » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:51 pm

This is where you guys and your organization are screwing up..... you think that if you can harm the Expo that you will be harming Kirkman. This is where you are wrong. If you were able to harm the Expo, Kirkman will still make his money. He has already sold the booths. But you would be hurting the industry that relies on the Expo to market their products. You would be hurting the dealers that attend to sell thousands and thousands of dollars of product. You would be harming the rod building craft itself by denying the worlds rod builders an event of this size and quality. So keep on wondering why no one likes you or wants anything to do with you. You tear down and badmouth but cannot offer an alternative. And in reality its not Kirkman you are going after...... its the entire rod building craft.

RodGuild

Postby RodGuild » Thu Jan 12, 2017 5:58 pm

Well there's always some collateral damage involved. Hurting the craft now might be good and even better for it in the future.

BTW - send your next OpEd to your local newspaper, nobody here wants to read your shit, dilweed or whatever anonymous name you go by..