The "Expo" is dying

Forum rules
Custom Pole Makers - Feel free to post any question, answers or topics related in any way to custom rod buildin'. When purchasing products please remember those who sponsor this board.

Manufacturers and Vendors - Only board sponsors are permitted and encouraged to promote and advertise products on the board. You may become a sponsor for a nominal fee. It is the sponsor fees that pay for this message board. For more information, contact the board admin.

Rules - Rod buildin' is a decent and rewarding craft. Those who participate in it are assumed to be civilized individuals who are kind and considerate in their dealings with others. Please respond to others in the same fashion in which you would like to be responded to. Registration IS NOW required in order to post. You must include your actual First and Last name and a correct email address when registering or posting. Posts which are inflammatory, insulting, or that fail to include a proper name and email address will be removed and the persons responsible will be barred from further participation.
Jim Russels

The "Expo" is dying

Postby Jim Russels » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:38 pm

2011 Expo Update: 39 Exhibitors

2016 Expo Update: 23 Exhibitors

A birdie told me that this will be the last year for some major dealers...

Bill Colby

Re: The "Expo" is dying

Postby Bill Colby » Tue Dec 06, 2016 8:30 pm

Yea I think this may be the last year where you see a lot of dealers there.

RodGuild

Postby RodGuild » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:15 pm

By the time the expo actually gets close they will have just as many as always and most of those companies buy more booths than in years past. Not dying as much as anyone with any sense would hate to admit it. So the REAL question is since all these companies do want to attend such an event why is kirkman the only one they will listen to and attend? how can it be so hard for somebody to do the same thing with better people and more interesting topics? I think to many people have tried to do it on the cheap and hold their event in little VFW halls and other places that do not represent what a real rod building trade show should be. Just once I would like to see someone pony up and rent a real exhibit hall in a major downtown area instead of an abandoned roller rink on the outskirts of some podunk mill town and then see what would really happen. Just saying'.......

Average Joe

Postby Average Joe » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Doesn't sound like any of you guys have ever actually been. The first year I went Mudhole had two booths. The last few years they have been buying eight. Fuji had one now they have two. RodGeeks had one and last year they had three. Get Bit stared with one and now have four or five. The cork grip guys had one and last year had three. American Tackle would have one and now has three. On and on and on. The show is bigger every year and if you do not believe it then you might as well piss down your leg and tell yourself its raining. You cannot bullshit people that actually attend and have been to several. We know better. Sour grapes from your many own failed events I guess.

RodGuild

Postby RodGuild » Tue Dec 06, 2016 10:29 pm

I have been to several of them. What YOU do not know is the Custom Rod Builders Guild was AT the first two with a booth of their own. It was only because one or two members had been badmouthing it on a forum that kirkman banned us from ever coming back. So your illustrious leader banned an entire club because of the actions of a couple members who were expressing their opinion. Same with him banning all NERBS members because one or two guys did something stupid. Keep banning people and pretty soon you will not have anybody left to attend and then the show will die and kirkman will finally have competition and then we will see what happens when companies have an alternative event to go to.

BTW, blow me bitch. I will even wipe the shit off my dick before I pop it in your gap toothed mouth.

Bill Colby

Postby Bill Colby » Wed Dec 07, 2016 2:45 pm

There are significantly less exhibitors each year for last couple years. This is the last one for some major dealers. Facts are facts.

RodGuild

Postby RodGuild » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:04 pm

Would nice of those dealers would own up and state such in public so that kirkman could not claim we are making this stuff up.

K-man

Postby K-man » Wed Dec 07, 2016 5:39 pm

We had fourteen vendors the first year and down to just two now so I have decided to cancel the 2017 expo.

Average Joe

Postby Average Joe » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:06 pm

Better tell your little birdie that they just hit thirty vendors and are still over two months out from the event date. Facts are facts. Going to be another huge event. Guess you will have to redo your graph, again.... BTW --- can you tell me of any other rod building event that has even five vendors?

Average Joe

Postby Average Joe » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:48 pm

OUCH!

Looks like the Expo is alive and well and GROWING!

EXHIBITORS/VENDORS

As of January 2nd

American Tackle

Angler's Resource/Fuji

Angler's Workshop

Archie's Custom Rod Handles

AT Hook Up

Batson Enterprises

Carolina Cast Pro

Composite Development

Cork 4Us

CTS Fishing Rod Blanks